Date: October 18, 2016
Place: University of Florida IFAS Extension Conference Center
Quorum Present: YES
Board Members Present:
B.E. Davis, Jr. -Supervisor Seat 5 / Chairman
Mack Glass -Supervisor Seat 1
Tom Stadsklev -Supervisor Seat 3 / Treasurer
Steve Basford -Supervisor Seat 4
Lola Allard (Jackson SWCD), Tom Batey (JSWCD/OAWP), Mark Miles (JSWCD/MIL), Rex Patterson (JSWCD/MIL, David Cambron (FDACS), Daniel Stanley (FDACS), Jessica Stempien (FDACS), Marie Arick (Jackson Co. IFAS Ext.), Matt Lollar (Jackson Co. IFAS Ext.), Jeff Norville (NRCS), Mary Jane Nelson (NRCS).
- The meeting of the Jackson SWCD was called to order.
- Minutes of the August 29, 2016 meeting - reviewed by the JSWCD Board and approved as submitted.
- Finance Report - reviewed by the Board and approved as submitted.
- Marie Arick (University of Florida IFAS Jackson County Extension Office Family and Consumer Sciences Agent - FCS Agent) presented a request for support / sponsorship in the form of monetary donations to help in reaching program goals. Supervisor Tom Stadsklev made a motion to support the Jackson County FCS Agent and make a donation in the amount of $500.00. Supervisor Mack Glass seconded and motion carried.
- A letter from Caleb Reed / Stan Scurlock (Cottondale High School FFA) requesting a donation in the amount of $800.00 to assist with travel expenses incurred and expected for participation in the District II FFA Forestry Field Day in Blountstown, FL and subsequent FFA State Forestry Finals in Perry, FL was submitted for approval. A letter from Hailey McDaniel / Jillian Etress (Sneads High School FFA) requesting a donation in support of the organizations travel expenses and participation at the National FFA Convention in Indiana was submitted for approval. Supervisor Mack Glass made a motion to approve $800.00 for Cottondale High School FFA and $1,000.00 for Sneads High School FFA to help cover necessary expenses for these events. Supervisor Steve Basford seconded and motion carried.
- Tom Batey (JSWCD/OAWP technician) gave a report on his activity under the contract agreement between Jackson SWCD and FDACS.
- FDACS - David Cambron, Daniel Stanley, and Jessica Stempien conveyed information regarding Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services projects.
- NRCS - Mary Jane Nelson and Jeff Norville gave reports on goings on with the Natural Resources Conservation Service in Jackson County.
- FDACS/MIL - Mark Miles and the other MIL technicians were in attendance to discuss the Mobile Irrigation Lab contract between the Jackson SWCD and FDACS. There have been several “working” meetings for information gathering as we work through provisions of the contract. Supervisor Mack Glass made a motion for the Jackson SWCD to take over the roll of implementing the contract for FDACS. Supervisor Steve Basford seconded and motion carried. The Jackson SWCD will employ Mark Miles, Rex Patterson, and Robert Patterson as MIL Technicians for the duration of the MIL Contract with FDACS.
- With no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned.
THIS IS A TRUE AND CORRECT ACCOUNT OF THE JACKSON SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT MINUTES DERIVED FROM THE BOARD MEETING ON October 18, 2016.